I just want a phone!

Wow...Apple has announced details on their new iPhone 3G which, among other things is cheaper than the original iPhone (which makes the early adopters look like morons...but I digress). According to Steve Jobs...

The new iPhone, sporting a thinner and sleeker look, will support faster 3G (third-generation) broadband wireless networks and come with built-in GPS (Global Positioning System) capabilities, Jobs said. Support for 3G networks will enable the new iPhone to download data up to 2.8 times faster than the earlier model, Jobs said. Built-in GPS will make it easier for users to navigate roads.
Don't Miss!Read the latest WhitePaper - Troubleshooting Remote Site Networks - Best Practices

The iPhone 3G will come with a 3.5-inch screen and have better battery life, with talk time of five hours, stand-by time of 300 hours, six hours of high-speed browsing time, 20 hours of audio and seven hours of video, Jobs said. Some who had previously bought iPhones complained about its battery life and that was a problem that Apple needed to solve with the new iPhone, Jobs said.


It will probably cure cancer, except the brain cancer you will get from using the damn thing all the time, do your laundry, and balance your checkbook.

Here's my problem: I just want a phone. A simple, freaking phone. The only "option" I want is Text Messaging. That's it. Just a phone. Only someone who is extremely busy needs something like this. I never want to be that busy, or that fucking dorky.

Please, does anyone just make a cellphone anymore?

Comments

Luke said…
Dude, there are plenty of very nice phones out there. Few months ago I bought the LG VX8700 and so far I'm very happy with it. It's just a basic camera phone, but very sexy, very thin and the case is metalic which gives it a very unique look and feel.

The iPhone is actually the exception to the rule - it's the one of the very few "smart phones" out there that caters to the general public. All the other "smart" devices such as crackberies are geared more toward the business users.

And I think that the whole attraction of the iPhone is not that people who use it are busy and must stay connected. It's the convenience of for example blogging while you are sitting on a train, or looking up prices online while shopping in an electronic store... Well, that and of course consolidating your phone and iPod into one device.

But yeah, I don't own one and I don't really need one. But I can kinda see why someone would get it.
Steve said…
Yeah, I looked at the LG models. I prefer the Samsung X410 I have now. It is a phone and text messenger. No camera, no MP3 player...nice and simple. All I need :)

Popular Posts